An energy audit comprises the inspection, study and analysis of energy flows in a building, industry, process or system, and is designed to demonstrate the dynamic energy of the system under study. Its main objective is the reduction of consumption and, therefore, of energy and financial savings.
In other words, the energy diagnosis is a basic study of energy efficiency in which an expert visit is made to the client’s facilities, but only visual inspections are carried out.
The objective of the study is to draw up a list of measures and general recommendations in energy efficiency applicable to the typology and particular characteristics of the building or premises that are the object of the diagnosis.
The study includes an estimate of the energy savings calculation that the implementation of each of the proposed measures may entail and an economic viability analysis with an order of magnitude estimate of the necessary investments.
Our energy diagnostic report details the following:
- Evaluation of consumer equipment (on request)
- Inventory of equipment with power accounting installed by systems (lighting, air conditioning, etc.)
- Comparative evaluation (benchmarking) of energy consumption of the building or premises with the consumption of similar buildings located in similar climates.
Análisis de consumos y costes
- Recopilación de la facturación energética mínimo 12 meses.
- Registro de los principales hábitos de uso de los distintos usuarios de la instalación.
- Análisis de las variaciones estacionales en el consumo energético.
- Balance energético estimativo de los consumos. Distribución teórica de los principales sistemas consumidores.
There are several stages in the energy audit process:
A study of the system being analyzed, with an audit of the following:
- consumption habits
- heating and air conditioning equipment
- electric equipment
- lighting equipment
- the thermal insulation of the installation
- An analysis of the collected data.
- Confirmation of data and values.
- Proposal for improvements.
An energy audit can be broader or narrower depending on its depth, and ranges from the basic energy diagnosis to the implementation of different measures.
Optimization of energy supplies
Optimization of the electricity supply to reduce the energy bill prior to the implementation of energy saving and efficiency measures.
Energy efficiency proposals
- List of measures and general recommendations on energy efficiency applicable to the type and particular characteristics of the building or premises that are the object of the diagnosis.
- Calculation of energy savings: Estimation of the energy savings potential (% or kWh), based on the experience of the consultant, reference ratios, studies or other technical documentation.
- Economic feasibility analysis: An order of magnitude estimate of the necessary investments based on ratios of similar facilities and a simple return period.